The main tasks of the Laboratory for Steroid Analysis are the following:
- Routine analysis of clinical samples (urine)
- Research collaborations (analysis of steroids in other biological matrices such as e.g. serum, cells and tissue extracts)
- Development of novel analytical methods for steroid analysis
All analyses are performed using mass spectrometric techniques. The procedure used for routine analysis comprises the following steps:
- Steroid extraction (solid phase or liquid/liquid)
- Sample clean-Up
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry(GC-MS)
For research project we also have a high-resolution GCxGC-TOFMS platform to our disposal.
- 41 urinary steroid metabolites (quantitative)
- Quantification of urinary free cortisol/cortisone
- exogenous steroids
- Urine: at least 5 ml of a 24h urine collection (preferred) or spot urine
No convervatives or cooling required. Analysis of acidified urine possible. Please attached completely filled in sample submission form.
- Plasma, Serum, cell and tissue extract on request